Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to Ukraine!

A quick update on our adoption. Edward has been to see the judge and our court date is scheduled for next Tuesday, August 11th! So we’re frantically packing and trying to get things wrapped up here so we can travel on Sunday! It’s rather challenging to try to get ready for a trip of this magnitude in the space of 4 days!

Greg will return as soon as court is finished, so he’s planning to return next weekend, but I will stay until the waiting period is over and all of the paperwork is done. I’m scheduled to return on September 5th. This means that Greg will get to be a “single” dad for about three weeks, so please pray for him and the kids! I am thinking they will really appreciate Mom when she gets back, and I know I will be more than ready to see all of them.

So please keep us in your prayers as we go and hopefully this time, God willing, we will actually come home with the girls! Specifically, please pray for favor with the courts and officials, especially regarding the problem of getting Irra’s birth certificate in Russia, and also for our finances. We are well outside the budget of our original “package” with the adoption agency, so much of this trip will be added expenses we did not anticipate.

Our blog is www.gregandsheribell.blogspot.com and I will update it as much as I can while we are there. We may actually get to stay at the camp where the girls are staying, and there is no internet there, but I will get to town when I can and send updates. The camp is very beautiful and it would be fun to get to spend that much time with the girls.

Thanks again and we’ll see you all soon!!

Blessings,

Sheri & Greg

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes! We'll be praying for you.

    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so happy for you as you return to get your girls. It seems so overwhelming right now but soon you will be home and have memories and your daughters. I loved going to camp. We went when we were in Russia adopting our son. It was fun and we really got close to the kids. I will be praying for your trip and can not wait to see pictures. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete