Saturday, January 16, 2010

Didn't realize this marathon was going to be so long!

Well, we knew this was a marathon, not a sprint, but boy, I never dreamed it would be such a long one with so many hurdles! We were planning for Sheri to be back in Ukraine by now, but here I sit in sunny Florida.

Edward went to the passport agency in Kharkov as planned this week and asked them if he could please apply for Irra's passport on my behalf. He had all the proper documents giving him authorization. The advantage of this would be that I spend the 10 business day waiting period here in sunny Florida. However, the passport agency said no, I have to be there, in person. This does make me very happy, but I guess I'll live. It's a beautiful country, but not in the dead of winter.

Then, and much worse, they told him that the passport agency in Kiev is not even accepting applications for international passports at this time! Evidently they didn't pay the printer who makes the blanks, so they've gone on strike! I found the blog of a family who is currently in Ukraine and this is obviously causing havoc with many families in Ukraine who are trying to come home with their adopted children. And evidently there is at least one creative way to get around this issue, so I'm watching closely to see if it works for them!

So, for now we keep waiting and praying. I'm off to call the girls via Skype next, so that will be fun. At least we are able to keep in touch!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Sherri, I can not believe you are still at this process. I will be praying that everything goes quickly. Things here are great Lena has done a complete turn around praise God! We are all doing well. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still praying for you! When you think of how long it will still take, just remember how far you've come.

    June

    ReplyDelete